Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thin.

Do you ever get to the end of your day, and just feel thin? Not the kind of thin where your pants fit better--but the kind of thin where your head feels wavy and your emotions are a little too close to the surface? I've been feeling thin lately. Part of the problem is that I'm sick. Part of it is that my baby is sick. Part of it is that we have both been sick for most of the winter.

Part of it is that it IS winter.

Part of it, though, is that there's just so much to do. Right now my list includes scheduling immunizations, meeting with a lawyer to put together our paperwork, applying for our residency visa in Indonesia, making a packing list of everything we'll need for four years, buying everything that we'll need for four years in Indonesia, and staying on top of schoolwork. The least stressful thing in our lives right now is actually the main thing we are supposed to be doing: meeting with people and asking them to partner with us. That's easy and exciting. It's all the other stuff that's getting a little wearing. Maybe you feel the same way... that the peripheral things in your life are distracting from the main thing, and it's making you feel a little thin.

As always, God's word is there to give me sustenance and some much needed spiritual calories.


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God that transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ." Philippians 4:6-7

"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in all the earth." Psalm 46:10.

We are a part of a much bigger story than today. Yet God cares about this day and our lives, and he offers us rest and peace in the midst of all of it.

{Joy}

1 comment: